This course is designed for DERs, front-line managers, and managers in the fields of HR, Safety, Risk Management, Labor & Employee Relations, and employer medical departments. In this course, you'll learn how to:
- Identify key components of a policy on prescription drugs
- Define to whom the medication policy should and should not apply
- Ensure you have the appropriate medication consultation to advise on fitness for duty matters
- Provide appropriate employee privacy protections in your policy
- Implement effective employee awareness education on medications and safety
- Benchmark your workplace policy against industry-wide best practices
This course features:
- Interactive Content
- Quizzes & Assessments
Why It's Important
Prescription and OTC drug misuse and abuse is an epidemic in the United States. Drug poisoning due to overdose is now the leading cause of accidental deaths in the U.S. As an employer, it is imperative that you develop a clear corporate medications and safety policy that is clearly communicated to all employees. This course will give you the practical tools you need to develop a brand new medications and safety program or enhance your existing program.
NOTE: this course is best used in conjunction with our Medications and Safety Training for Employees course.